About the Position: Incumbent will supervise, direct and assist research protocol development in the largest research program among all military medical centers. The primary function of this position is to perform advanced military health system (MHS) research, in a facility that oversees nearly 1,000 ongoing research studies, and over 90 different medical/surgical/dental specialties, the largest portfolio of medical research in the MHS.Learn more about this agency
- Works with institutional review board (IRB), business office, human protections administration, and investigators, to best ensure the protection of human research subjects and facilitate the development of research across the institution.
- The position is involved in the design, execution and summation of novel and advanced research studies involving both human subjects and global MHS databases, which serve to advance research programs at the facility.
- Reviews protocols and grant applications to optimize study design, enhance competitiveness of submissions, and ensure validity of research results.
- Establishes statistical policy and standards for scientific, medical and human subject?s research review boards.
- Plans and implements research training and education for researchers to enhance both the quality and compliance of research.
- Analyzes data from audits and protocols, communicates results with suggested corrective actions to the research teams; communicates findings to research review boards, department heads, and regulatory offices.
- Develops and executes standard operating procedures and policies in accordance with DHHS, FDA, and DOD requirements for human subject protection.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517699900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.