About the Position: This Human Resources Assistant (EMPLOYEE RELATIONS/LABOR RELATIONS) position is with the Headquarters Department of the Army (HQDA) Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) located in Arlington, VA. The clientele for this CPAC is unique, in that it services the highest level of officials in the U.S. Army, to include the Secretary of the Army's direct staff. A high level of tact and diplomacy is crucial to successfully perform the duties of this position.Learn more about this agency
- Prepares for approval and distributes written minutes of organization meetings, town hall sessions, and staff calls.
- Uses established procedures and formats to review and prepare official correspondence.
- Manages the various administrative processes within the organization and ensures that procedures meet office needs and are consistently understood and followed by the staff.
- Uses office automation equipment and various software programs to produce correspondence, memoranda, directives, forms and reports; create or maintain spreadsheets or databases, etc
- Resolves minor employee problems pertaining to employee conduct or dissatisfaction, poor work habits, tardiness and absences.
- Provides technical assistance to employees/managers concerning the preparation of performance standards and performance evaluations in an automated system such as DoD Performance Management and Appraisal Program (DPMAP).
- Provides management with recommendation for disciplinary action(s)
Occasional travel - The business travel requirement is 5%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517693800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.