About the Position: Supports the Directorate for Administration at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. Incumbent will perform material handling in support of clinics throughout the hospital. Performs all receiving, storage, and loading/unloading of medical supplies/equipment functions according to current standard operating procedures. Parking at WRNMMC is very limited and is primarily first come, first serve. The use of commuting alternatives is highly recommended.Learn more about this agency
- Performs a wide range of warehousing activities in the Department of Logistics at a major (MTF) with responsibility for shipping, receiving, storing, and distributing materials (i.e., medical/non-medical supplies and equipment).
- Packs and crates outgoing material, verifies material against shipping order, and prepares routing slips and marks cartons with identifying data. Unpacks boxes, cartons, and other containers and disassembles and distributes unit loads received.
- Unloads supplies from trucks or other conveyances utilizing forklifts, manual and mechanized pallet jacks, etc. Verifies materials received against manifests, delivery receipts, routing slips, or bills of lading.
- Prepares basic correspondence pertaining to purchase orders, requisitions, missing receipts, underages and overages of shipments, questions pertaining to operation of the supply system.
- Operates mechanized equipment including utility vehicles and standard size forklifts. Processes and prepares the distribution and shipment of Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT).
- Operate automated equipment such as optical readers and scanners (bar code wands) and computer keyboards to develop-computerized inventory data and access materials.
- Incumbent works on a team of other logistics personnel, collaborates with and supports team members. May explain and/or train other team members on warehousing processes.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517654300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.