Located in the Regional Office of the Economic Development Administration, within a team responsible for the development of construction grants. Responsible for providing professional engineering review, environmental review, and project management services for all EDA projects.Learn more about this agency
The individual selected for this position will perform the following duties
- Reviews contracts between recipients and his Architect/Engineers for design and construction inspection services to determine that the contract meets EDA requirements, that the recipient is adequately safeguarded and that the specified fees are commensurate with the amount of services to be provided.
- Monitors recipients compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and requirements which are pre-requisite to solicitation of construction bids including, but not limited to, the requirements of Section 106 of PL 89-136, the Relocation Assistance Act, Flood Insurance Act, Clear Air Act, Davis-Bacon and related Acts, Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11296, PL 90-480 concerning design of buildings for handicapped persons and all pertinent sections of the latest edition of ED A's Requirements for Approved Projects. When satisfied that all requirements are met, allows project to proceed to bid stage.
- Monitors the financial position of assigned projects including field audit of recipients records to assure that proper accounts have been established, that matching funds are available, that only approved costs have been paid from project accounts and that fund balances are correct. Evaluates construction progress payments and other project related invoices, assists recipients in preparing reimbursement requests and recommends action concerning disbursement of grant funds.
- The incumbent of this position serves as the Regional Environmental Officer and is responsible for developing and implementing procedures/guidance for complying with environmental legislation, Executive Orders, and regulations.
- Prepares environmental assessments and impact statements for projects and coordinates them with all interested government agencies, environmental groups and individuals.
- Assists the Philadelphia Regional Office in resolving post-approval environmental matters and designs mechanisms as well as controlling programs and projects for mitigating adverse environmental impacts.
Occasional travel - Some travel is required for the position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517605700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.