GAO's Office of General Counsel is seeking an experienced senior level attorney to join the team of attorneys that provides legal advice and assistance to the analysts in GAO’s Contracting and National Security Acquisitions (CNSA) team. The attorney will support the analysts’ reviews and evaluations of federal agencies’ contracting and acquisition policies, processes, and activities and the development, acquisition and management of major national security programs and systems.Learn more about this agency
- Researching and analyzing complex legal issues.
- Providing legal counsel to GAO analysts and senior GAO officials on federal procurement and acquisition laws, regulations and policies; reviewing reports, congressional hearing testimonies, briefings and other GAO products.
- Drafting legal memoranda, legal opinions, and sections of GAO reports.
- Providing technical and legislative drafting assistance to Congress.
- Conducting critical analysis of legislative proposals to determine potential effects and implications for existing federal policies and programs.
- Briefing congressional staff on legal matters covered by GAO reviews.
- Work collaboratively with GAO analysts to identify and resolve numerous complex, controversial, and far-reaching legal issues.
Occasional travel - .
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517602900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.