View the Common Definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
This position is located in the Human Resources Management Division (HRMD), Office of Counsel, Office of Inspector General (OIG), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). This Division is responsible for: all human resources (HR) development and management programs; interacting with and overseeing OIG's contractual services that provide various HR operational services and functions; formulating, developing, administering, and implementing overall HR management programs, policy, practices and procedures for nationwide application throughout the OIG; and providing a broad range of human capital management services for the OIG headquarters and field staff.
Being a Human Resources Specialist (Information Systems) makes you a valuable member of the Human Resources Management Division. You will serve as a Human Resources Specialist (Information Systems), responsible for supporting HR data analytics and information technology systems. In addition, responsible for activities with human resources information systems (HRIS) initiatives for Human Resources Management Division's talent management. Working with workflow systems (i.e. USA Staffing, EOPF, National Finance Center, Sharepoint, WEBTA) to ensure they are properly managed. Typical assignments include:
- Lead development and implementation of Human Resources Information Systems, changes to existing systems, including migration, upgrades, quality management and maintenance.
- Provide technical and management advisory support services with respect to HRIS, workforce reporting, analysis and strategic data retrieval.
- Support Data Analytics and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) on the development, review, oversight and/or evaluation of HRMD projects (projects surrounding HR Operations and Workforce Relations) supporting OIG mission.
- Participate in strategic workforce planning and development functions and provide HR consultative and technical services in the area of HR data analytics and data calls set forth by DHS headquarters.
- Coordinate requirements analysis, selection, development, testing, implementation, deployment and future enhancement for all core/back office enterprise HRIS.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517594900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.