You will serve as a Mechanical Engineer in the Technical Division, Reentry Systems Branch, Advanced Reentry Systems Section of STRATEGIC SYSTEMS PROGRAMS.Learn more about this agency
- You will establish, develop and implement technical plans associated with ballistic reentry systems and related support equipment that are under development in support of Trident II and/or future weapon systems.
- You will evaluate program planning documents, and develop program plans, activities, and schedules to ensure successful program performance.
- You will prepare and defend program plans to develop funding requirements and life cycle cost profiles, track and manage financial performance for assigned programs.
- You will plan for all aspects of design, development, test, or evaluation of mechanical systems in assigned program areas.
- You will provide technical expertise and project leadership in support of design, development and/or testing of reentry system hardware.
- You will assess aerodynamic performance of Navy reentry systems in various flight environments.
- You will oversee efforts to design, develop and implement a reentry system cost model for use in estimating or evaluating program costs associated with design and development of a new and/or upgraded advanced reentry system for SLBM application.
- You will provide mechanical/aerodynamic engineering support to the Navy Stockpile-To-Target Sequence (STS) Working Group, responsible for coordinating and integrating environment definitions and specifications with the Department of Energy (DOE).
- You will perform as Contract Officer Representative responsible for providing technical support, recommendations and technical oversight of assigned contract(s) as requested by the contracting officer (SPN).
- You will coordinate with prime contractor representatives to develop contract segment Statements of Work aligned with the organization's objectives, maintain relevant documentation, and provide supporting data for technical and resource requirements.
- You will assemble and provide information and advice regarding assigned program areas to senior officials in the chain-of-command.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517484400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.