The Assistant Nurse Manager is responsible for managing complex patient situations, acts as a patient advocate, and provides supportive assistance to all members of the healthcare team. The incumbent is a Registered Nurse who is responsible for the clinical, administrative, research and educational aspects of the assignment.Learn more about this agency
- The Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) of the Inpatient Behavioral Health Unit demonstrates a high level of clinical expertise, leadership, and creative approaches to management of complex care.
- In addition, the ANM applies skills necessary to identify, coordinate, and/or identify discipline-specific education, as well as training in leadership, professional staff development and emerging needs, to all levels of staff.
- The ANM is a nurse supervisor who provides oversight for the administration of leave, staffing plan, counseling and disciplinary actions in collaboration with the Unit Nurse Manager.
- The ANM acts as the Nurse Manager (NM) during times of NM absences.
- Provides an environment that fosters employees to perform to their full individual potential.
- Demonstrates, promotes, creates, and ensures a culturally diverse workforce in which the values and needs of all individuals are respected.
- They are accountable for adhering to established policies, standards of care, and standards of practice.
- Demonstrating leadership in improving nursing care.
- Administration, management, supervision, and evaluation of both nursing care and nursing personnel on their designated unit and as assigned for the Medical Center on the off tours, weekends, and holidays.
- The assistant nurse manager serves as an assistant with line authority to the unit nurse manager in providing leadership and direction to nursing staff.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 3:30 pm to 12:00 am. Additional or extended hours may be required to cover veteran's needs.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517357800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.