Who May Be Considered:
- Status Candidates
- Land Management Eligibles under the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act.
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Joining the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) means being part of the national effort to protect and enhance the resilience of the Nation's physical and cyber infrastructure and address threats to public health and safety, economy, and national security. Within CISA, the Office of Compliance and Security (OCS) provides for a safe and secure work environment and promotes organizational excellence, integrity, and accountability to stakeholders.
You would be responsible for providing expert analysis and advice on complex program issues; performing investigations of significant complexity and scope with potential far-reaching consequences, such as investigating internal corruption and employee misconduct; and conducting investigations for the recovery of government assets associated with, or the product of, employee misconduct.
Visit www.dhs.gov/cisa to learn more about CISA and how you can be part of the team to Defend Today; Secure Tomorrow.
Duties of the Investigator (Investigation, Enforcement, and Compliance) position, at the full performance level of GS-1801-14 include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide expert analysis and advice on complex program issues; performs investigations of significant complexity and scope with potential far-reaching consequences, such as investigating internal corruption and employee misconduct; and conducts investigations for the recovery of government assets associated with, or the product of, employee misconduct.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of written materials concerning routine and controversial investigations, due to the extreme sensitivity of matters being investigated or an exceptional difficulty encountered in establishing interrelationships of facts or evidence.
- Prepare analysis of issues and complaints processed through the DHS/OIG office, and other field offices, covering types and trends of action for presentation to the Director of the Office of Compliance and Security.
- Maintain a system for receipt and accountability of investigative information regarding a wide range of misconduct allegations and other individuals of special interest, potentially generating Presidential, Congressional, DHS, and/or media interest, due to the subject and/or nature of the investigation.
- Organize, mentor, and oversee new and evolving investigative personnel, assigned as a member of multidisciplinary investigative teams, conducting or resolving complex investigative issues.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517306500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.