About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This position is with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Construction Division in West Point, New York. West Point, NY is located on the scenic Hudson River and is the site of the U.S. Military Academy - the oldest continuously occupied military post in the U.S. It is surrounded by natural splendors immortalized by painters, Revolutionary War sites, and the state capitol, Albany. To the south lies New York City, one of the greatest cultural cities of the world.
- Responsible for construction management and contracts administration for the District (multiple Resident Offices with geographically dispersed project offices).
- Apply full professional engineering knowledge, coupled with the practical knowledge of construction methods and techniques, to accomplish assignments.
- Plan, establish, and set work priorities and schedules. Prepare budgetary estimates and submits justifications to obtain program fiscal resources.
- Makes decisions on work issues presented by subordinate supervisors. Initiates requests for effecting personnel actions (i.e. awards, salary increases, additional training, reassignments, promotion, demotion, removals, etc. as appropriate).
- Exercises responsibility to assure the effective implementation and operation of District, Division, and DA policies, regulations, and guidelines concerning equal employment opportunities and programs.
- Serves as the senior Corps of Engineer representative in the assigned geographic area and is responsible for disaster recovery and emergency operation activities within those territories. Coordinate with various government agencies and the public.
- Performs full range of contract administration for assigned contracts and orders as ACO and/or COR. Within assigned monetary limitations, has authority to approve contract modifications, terms, prices, and contract modifications.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517274500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.