The Federal Energy Regulatory Commissions role is to oversee various aspects of the energy industry, including transmission of electricity, natural gas and oil. We also analyze proposals to build liquefied natural gas terminals and interstate natural gas pipelines and license hydropower projects. To help support the modernization of the electric system here in the U.S., we are focusing on issues associated with a smarter grid.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of the Secretary (OSEC). OSEC serves the Commission by acting as the official focal point through which all filings are made for proceedings before the Commission, notice of proceedings is given, and from which all official actions are issued by the Commission. OSEC is responsible for processing all matters coming before the Commission and determining prior to submission that all factors concerning the matters are ready for Commission consideration. OSEC prepares the agenda for formal Commission meetings and distributes materials to the Staff and Commissioners concerning cases listed on the agenda. After approval is voted by the Commission members, OSEC prepares opinions, orders and regulations for formal issuance and provides service as required by law. OSEC is responsible for the official release of Commission actions including timely service of such actions on parties to the proceedings. OSEC records and preserves the minutes of all official actions taken by the Commission.
Major Duties for the Records Information Management Specialist:
- Provides analytical and operational support for the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission’s Records Management Program.
- Assists with the creation, storage, maintenance, use, preservation and disposition of Federal records in varying formats.
- Assists with development and/or improvement of agency policies, procedures, guidance, operating procedures, disposition schedules, project plans, and other governing resources pertaining to the Commission's overall Records Management Program.
- Develops, maintains, and coordinates use of records management tracking and reporting tools, logs, metrics, and other resources to monitor progress and status of various records management initiatives.
- Conducts research, analyses, studies, and reviews on a wide variety of records management topics and issues, including records and information business processes to achieve improvement or efficiencies to business workflow.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517274000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.