This position is located in the Voice of America's Africa Division in Washington, DC. The incumbent serves as a Digital Content Editor in the Hausa Service, responsible for producing content for digital platforms.Learn more about this agency
THIS POSITION IS COVERED BY A UNION AGREEMENT
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Institutes policies, standards and procedures to manage, improve and maintain the quality of writing in the Hausa language for the service's websites and social media platforms. This involves, but is not limited to the institutions and implementation of best practices including the training of the service's staff in how to write for digital media.
- Coordinates programming with the Africa Division's Internet Managing Editor to manage and ensure the service's websites and social media platform are aligned to meet objectives and fiscal year digital media targets.
- Supports, in coordination with the service's Managing Editor, the daily communications and transfer of important stories, events and newsworthy reporting opportunities to the Division's Bridge Editor for dissemination to the other VOA language services.
- Incorporates the use of analytics, metrics and third-party digital and social media trends into daily editorial research, decision making and guidance with an understanding that such information conforms to the objective in increasing the Hausa-speaking youth audiences and in particular, young women in VOA Hausa's target areas.
- Coordinates field reporting by Hausa staff and freelance contributors, including Facebook Live focus groups. Assembles that content into multiple digital products for Hausa Service and the Africa Division.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517223000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.