About the Position: The Alaska District is seeking to fill a Project Manager position in the Programs and Project Management Division, Environmental and Special Programs Branch (Military Environmental). This announcement may be used to fill similar positions in ESP. An ideal candidate will have strong experience in managing environmental projects, developing/managing scope, schedule, budget, and risk and will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a Project Manager responsible for managing the coordination and accomplishment of the planning, scoping, development, design, construction, and direction of environmental compliance, restoration, prevention, and conservation projects
- As the Project Delivery Team Leader, implements corporate decisions, guidance, laws, regulations, and policy in the development of a project and intermediate products or projects in support of a specific project.
- As the Project Delivery Team Leader, the incumbent will assist the team in evaluating contract proposals and lead contract negotiations.
- Coordinates and communicates the planning, design, and execution of assigned projects of considerable scope and complexity as measured by their diversity, geographical area, management demands, technical intricacies, and public issues.
- Controls and manages project milestones and budgets from planning through project close-out.
- Serves as the District's primary point of contact for projects assigned with sponsor/customer, Federal, state and local government agencies, Congressional interests, other external organizations and higher authorities.
Occasional travel - Temporary Travel is required up to 15%
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517192800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.