The primary purpose of this position is to provide advisory and technical services in the area of performance management. The incumbent is responsible for assignments which require analyzing and evaluating controversial and complex projects or cases, developing new or interpreting existing performance management policy, providing formal and informal assistance and advice, and conducting training and special assignments relative to the VA HR performance management program.Learn more about this agency
This position functions with a large and diverse, university -affiliated Medical Center. The employees and units serviced are in a wide variety of occupations, including General Schedule (GS) and Federal Wage System (FWS), professional and non-professional, Title 38 and Hybrid Title 38, with substantial differences in working conditions, entitlements and occupational practices and policies.
- Conducts planning to gather and interpret information and data for assessing straightforward employee relations problems related to performance, issues and unusual circumstances; determines the most effective and efficient approach to meet customer requirements; identifies ways to improve or enhance current employee relations services to ensure that they meet management's business objectives.
- Provides assistance to managers in development of performance improvement plans.
- Serves as the ePerformance Coordinator for the facility, managing that system and complete change and/or issue resolution requests under the Administrative Functions of the system.
- VHA required performance management system databases and systems are maintain with current facility information as needed
- Develops and delivers briefings, project papers, status/staff reports, and correspondence to managers to foster understanding and acceptance of findings, recommendation, and program components.
- Advices on employee appraisal programs to include a comprehensive annual and ongoing evaluation of the program.
- Ensures that mandatory requirements such as employee performance plan issues, mid-year reviews, and final reviews are met.
- Advises managers and supervisors on evaluation, feedback and recognition techniques, establishment of critical elements and standards, aligning employee performance plans with organizational goals, performance requirements, and the overall adequacy and quality of employee performance plans.
Compressed/Flexible: Compressed tour available.
Telework: Telework Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Human Resources Specialist (Performance Management) PD# 085650
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517167600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.