The purpose of the HR Specialist is to provide compensation and staffing and placement services (Title 5, Title 38 and Hybrid Title 38 positions) for a block of services at the Cincinnati VA Medical Center which includes multiple Community Based Outpatient Clinics/alternative delivery sites (CBOC's). The position requires knowledge of pertinent Human Resources laws, regulations, executive orders, policies, standards, procedures, decisions and precedents.Learn more about this agency
Recruitment & Placement:
- Provides continuing technical advice and assistance to human resources staff and management officials in all areas of staffing and placement for assigned Services.
- Attends service level meetings to better understand the organization being serviced.
- Provides advice directly to managers, supervisors, employees, candidates and the local unions concerning compensation, recruitment and placement activities/processes.
- Troubleshoots and resolves difficult and controversial internal and external staffing and placement problems, and provides advice and guidance to management on unusual, difficult, or controversial recruitment situations.
- Reviews recruitment request and determines if positions are authorized to be filled against established ceilings, approved organization charts, and Resources/Medical Center Director approval.
- Responsible for updating all FTEE Memo's, Organization Charts and Name Listings for the services assigned.
- Evaluates trends in missions, technology, manpower, fiscal resources, and other factors and provides advice to management on issues or problems that influence present/future staffing and placement needs.
- Advises management on various recruitment tools such as recruitment incentives, relocation incentives, retention incentives, education debt reduction program, student loan repayment programs, and service credit for annual leave, etc.
- Performs internal/external placement duties which include: Preparing promotion and placement announcements; Determining candidate qualifications; Coordinating with management on selection of subject matter experts; Overseeing the rating panel process; Issuing promotion and referral certificates;
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, Tour is negotiable but must fall between 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Virtual: Available to highly qualified applicants. Will be discussed during interview process.
Position Description/PD#: Human Resources Specialist PD# 08353A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517161500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.