About the Position: This is a permanent position with Headquarters, US Army Corps of Engineers, Directorate of Civil Works, located at the Government Accountability Office (GAO) building, 441 G. Street, NW, Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
Management may select at any of the grade levels announced. This recruitment provides promotion opportunity to the target grade of the position without further competition when selectee is eligible and recommended by management.
- Serves as a nationally recognized expert in the area of environmental analysis involving the ecological, cultural and aesthetic quality of the environment and its economic, recreational, and other human use values.
- As the expert, the incumbent is responsible for policy review decision documents for policy compliance in the decision of development process and in support of the Civil Works Program.
- Manages the Washington level policy compliance review and tracking of decision documents and water supply initiatives.
- Reviews feasibility reports and other decision documents that the Director of Civil Works, the Deputy Commanding General (DCG-CEO), the Chief of Engineers, and the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army, Civil Works (OASACW) may request.
- Evaluates Federal water resources projects based on controversial and/or complex Federal water resources projects through problem solving and direct coordination.
- Conducts individual policy compliance assessment of decision documents by obtaining outside input from other team members, resolving issues, formulating opinions, and making recommendations.
- Provides recommendations different than those made by reporting officers based on reviews and results, findings are presented to agency officials and meet guidelines for timeliness and quality.
- Reviews provide leadership and direction to assessment team members regarding the interrelationships of plan formulation, policy, economics, real estate, cost sharing, and environmental assessments.
- Attends meetings, briefings, conferences and in-progress reviews to directly assist Major Subordinate Commands (MSCs/District Commanders and the Project Development Team in the early identification and resolution of policy issues.
- Monitors the Civil Works policy compliance process to ensure procedures are in place to provide conformity with established policy.
- Makes recommendations of approval/disapproval of proposed departures from established policy and coordinates with other divisions in HQUSACE, MSCs, districts, and other agencies.
Occasional travel - Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel is required 10% of the time to attend meetings, briefings and conferences to discuss, resolve and recommend resolutions to policy questions, issues and concerns as relates to the Civil Works program.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517135900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.