The Statistician determines the best ways to capture, analyze, categorize (taxonomy), display (develop and maintain intranet web site), create tailored reports and disseminate novel data, much of it confidential and qualitative at the facility, Network and national level.Learn more about this agency
- Administers or performs professional work, or provides professional consultation in the application of statistical theories, and methods of gathering and/or interpreting quantified patient safety data.
- Serves as the primary and senior statistical authority for databases maintained by the NCPS (e.g. SPOT, Culture Survey).
- Collects, verifies and adjusts information expressed numerically and/or graphically and prepares guidelines or training manuals.
- Collects complex data, using advanced sampling techniques, identifies gaps in the methodology and recommends changes.
- Designs and/or implements major statistical methodological studies that contribute to the success of the agency's operating programs and projects (e.g., nationwide Safety Culture Questionnaire).
- Plans, organizes and implements continuous recurring studies using established precedent statistical methods.
- Conducts statistical analysis that encompasses related studies or segments of a mass data-collection project that must be coordinated and kept in progress simultaneously.
- Designs and/or applies standard and customized computer techniques to data collection and analysis (e.g., Natural Language Processing).
- Applies computerized statistical modeling techniques to investigate and evaluate desirable schemes for analysis of data.
- Performs evaluation of methodology of studies conducted to ensure that the results are valid and reliable.
- Provides statistical consultation and technical advice to senior subject matter experts and others on statistical theories and techniques.
- Provides advice and assistance for conventional and precedent statistical projects.
- Acts as team leader or project manager including the preparation of team charter, task breakdown, timeline, milestones, identification of special conditions and constraints, quality assurance, configuration management, and project deliverables.
- Serves as first-level supervisor.
Telework: May be eligible
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: 0092-O
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: No
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517117000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.