Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please Click Here.Learn more about this agency
This Criminal Investigator position is located in Investigations (INV), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If selected for this position, you will serve as a Criminal Investigator reporting to a Special Agent in Charge or Deputy Special Agent in Charge within Investigations (Atlanta Field Office). TSA Investigation mission is to promote the integrity of TSA's workforce and operations by conducting criminal and administrative investigation of TSA employees, contractors and regulated parties.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting, monitoring and coordinating complex criminal and administrative investigations and inspections which may lead to potential civil, administrative, or criminal actions. Types of investigation include those involving theft of government property, theft of personal property fraud in worker's compensation claims and mismanagement of government property. Cases might involve conflicting reports, discussions, or testimonies.
- Perform the full range of investigation functions on assigned cases or portions of cases, from planning through fact-finding to reporting the result of investigations;
- Responding to investigative matters through participating in searches, seizures, and arrest; performing undercover work involving contact with criminal elements or suspects in order to apprehend person suspected of posting a threat to passenger security or of violating Federal criminal statutes; interviewing and interrogating witnesses and suspect, giving Miranda warning when appropriate;
- Effecting liaison and working relationship with other Federal, State , and local law enforcement and intelligence agencies, as well as federally regulated transportation entities for the purpose of securing information and pursuing investigation with multiple interests and responsibilities;
- Analyzes result of investigation and coordinates preparation of reports concerning fraud or administrative violations by agency personnel contractors, supplies, recipients and grantees in violation of U.S, criminal and civil laws, or agency regulation.
NOTE: The major duties described above reflect the full performance level of this position. Typically, the lower pay band (Pay Band H) performs the same duties but will receive more guidance and/or projects/work assignments may be less complex.
50% or less - Extensive travel is required. FREQUENT TRAVEL (GREATER THAN 50%) IS REQUIRED. *THIS IS AN EMERGENCY. ESSENTIAL POSITION AND YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO 24 HOUR ON CALL DUTY IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY. MUST BE ABLE TO RELOCATE TO EMBERGENCY SITES WITH LITTLE ADVICE NOTICE AND FUNCTION UNDER INTENSE PHYSICAL AND MENTAL STRESS.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517008200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.