About the Position: Serves as Chief of the Operations Division for the Vicksburg District. In this capacity serves as technical advisor and consultant to the District Engineer concerning emergencies and District Operations and Maintenance programs and work activities and manages the large complex OD organization and work program.Learn more about this agency
(NOTE: Permanent Change of Station (PCS) is authorized for this position.)
(NOTE: DoD National Relocation Program (DNRP) expenses maybe authorized for this position.)
- Plan, budget, execute, and supervise the District Operations and Maintenance Program to manage the program in compliance with governing public laws, regulations, labor agreements, interagency agreements, and policies of higher Headquarters.
- Interpret policies, and regulations governing conduct of work and participate with the District Engineer and other staff members in the interpretation of policies and directives from higher authority and in the establishment of local policies.
- Serve as District representative at conferences with representatives of higher authority, contractors, and other representatives to the Districts Operations Division program.
- Review subordinate supervisor's recommendations and determines their validity in relation to the overall objectives of the Operations Division and the District.
- Exercise delegated resource management authority personally and through subordinates.
- Direct a significant segment of the Corps Operations and Maintenance Program ($100,000,000 - $200,000, 000 annually).
- Evaluate the performance of subordinate supervisors and some nonsupervisory subordinates and serves as second level reviewer on evaluations of nonsupervisory employees rated by subordinate supervisors.
- Serve as a member of the District emergency operations team in which you will finalize plans to protect and minimize flood damage to Corps of Engineers installations and property.
- Develop and implement the Regional Asset Management Program.
25% or less - You will be expected to be on travel 25% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517005300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.