The Sales and Marketing Directorate of the United States Mint fulfills the statutory mission to sell numismatic versions of the nation’s circulating coinage, commemorative coins and national medals authorized by Congress, and other numismatic coins and medals. As such, the Sales and Marketing Directorate is one of the largest e-commerce retailers in the country.Learn more about this agency
As the Associate Director/Sales and Marketing, you will:
- Work collaboratively with the Associate Director for Manufacturing to ensure high quality numismatic products are manufactured within specifications and delivered on schedule.
- Create a world-class numismatic business organization as measured by Baldrige Award criteria; responsible and accountable for numismatic revenues and expenses, mission and conduct of operations.
- Develop and execute strategies and annual action plans to lead the organization forward on its strategic journey.
- Direct and propel progress on executing assigned United States Mint annual action items (critical objectives) and work plans, and ensures on-time execution of same.
- Develop and execute Sales and Marketing Directorate annual work plans and three year business plan through implementation and execution of world class sales and marketing plans, policies, strategies and processes for the numismatic program.
- Supervise Sales and Marketing staff, including interviewing, recommending and selection, training, planning, assigning and evaluating work, counseling, disciplining, succession planning, work force development, and/or termination or recommending termination.
- Direct and ensure effective and timely coaching of employees, setting of annual objectives, mid-term counseling, frequent interim coaching and annual performance discussions for all employees.
- Participate on Executive Boards/Councils/Committees in support of United States Mint-wide goals; and coordinates Congressional and Department of the Treasury requests for the numismatic business line.
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/516998100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.