Learn more about this agency
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. If selected for this position, you must meet specific individual eligibility requirements and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office. Please contact VHAMIWEDRP@va.gov for more information
- Provides quality patient-centered patient care to both inpatients and outpatients for adults age 18-65 and older adults age 65+ within the surgical services urology department.
- Has approved clinical privileges in the areas of his/her expertise and
in all areas required to carry out the duties of his/her assignments/responsibilities within Urology Service.
- Facilitate the delivery of appropriate patient care in collaboration with other health professionals, medical center staff, and management.
- Participates in multidisciplinary activities involving the treatment plan and discharge plans of patients.
- Systematically evaluates patient care programs in all Surgical Services/Urology venues.
- Exhibits leadership in initiating changes in patient care programs based on current concepts and finding from research and studies. Keeps informed of developments in the management and treatment of diseases and illness through continuing medical education, both formal and informal.
- Consistently demonstrates expertise in diagnosing and treating urologic disorders in multi-symptomatic patients when clinical assignments so dictate.
- Demonstrates skill in implementation of clinical practice guidelines and protocols for patients with complex medical care needs.
- Documents and rates administrative and clinical information in a thorough and accurate manner in the electronic medical record.
- Utilizes problem solving methodologies to resolve problems that impact on patient care or staff performance.
- Plans implements, and evaluates care based on age specific requirements of the patient.
- Develops the initial plan of care and updates the plan, serving as a resource person to less experienced staff, and acts as a leader in developing urology standards of care.
- Makes decisions based on professional standards
- Assesses veterans by utilizing advanced clinical judgment and physical assessment skills.
- Identifies acute/non-acute/chronic health problems.
Work Schedule: Days, Available via phone on Weekends and Nights, as needed
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/516944700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.