This position is located in the Medicine section at the Oklahoma City VA Health Care System. The Oklahoma City Veterans Affairs Health Care System is seeking a full-time staff physician to be a General Cardiologist in our Medicine Service. The Oklahoma City Veterans Affairs Health Care System is a tertiary care facility serving Oklahoma and part of Northern Texas and an integral part of the educational and research mission of the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.Learn more about this agency
The Cardiologist will participate in inpatient and outpatient quality care, teaching, and research related to cardiovascular diseases. He/she will apply national and VA guidelines to patient screening, surveillance and management of such diseases. The candidate will be heavily involved in research activities within the section, and therefore a strong research background is highly desirable. He/she will also participate in the education and supervision of trainees. A successful candidate must qualify for a faculty appointment at the Assistant Professor level at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performing echocardiography, exercise and pharmacologic stress testing, Holter monitor and electrocardiogram interpretation, diagnosis and management of arrhythmias and Ischemic Heart Disease.
- Taking an active role in the evaluation of the patient, deciding treatment/care options, and documenting in the Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS).
- Serving on service level and/or facility committees as needed and participating in the facility peer review program.
- Maintaining professional competency, courtesy and flexibility to provide the necessary services of this specialty to our Veteran population.
- Participating in quality improvement projects.
- This role may also participate in the expanded use of clinical video telehealth (CVT)/electronic consultation (e-Consult) to improve access to cardiology care.
Work Schedule: Variable
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Recruitment Incentive: Authorized
Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP): This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. If selected for this position you must meet specific individual eligibility requirements, and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/516786200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.