The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Forest Glen Annex Silver Spring, Maryland and the surrounding communities within 150 miles of the installation. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This is a NonAppropriated (NAF) position located in the Child, Youth and School Services (CYSS), Child Development Center, (CDC) Division.
- Applies professional knowledge to plan and implement a comprehensive training and professional development program that promotes positive growth and development of children and youth IAW all applicable regulations and standards.
- Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge of child and/or youth development philosophy, principles, methods, and techniques as endorsed by the Department of Army and nationally recognized child/youth organizations.
- Designs, administers and conducts the Foundation, Annual/On-Going training requirements based on course outlines.
- Conducts training both onthe- job and in classroom settings based on developed training plan.
- Evaluates staff/provider competence and conducts and documents quarterly training reviews with all direct staff and FCC Providers to discuss progress.
- Serves as a member of the Installation Child and Youth Evaluation Team (ICYET) with primary responsibility for training and programming regulatory requirements and CYS baseline standards.
- Arranges for subject matter experts to conduct/ support specialized training.
- Observes in appropriate program settings throughout all hours of operation to assess and evaluate staff competency and provide feedback.
- Spends 60 - 75% of time in programs/homes training, observing, evaluating and modeling Enables staff/providers/volunteers to maintain their Individual Development Plans (IDP) and ensures training has been properly documented.
- Develops training program budget and provides to CYS Coordinator for input into CYS budget.
- Conducts written analyses of budget variances, and prepares justification for funding of program resource requirements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected and required to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/516669500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.