THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
The purpose of this position is to supervise workers, either directly or through one or more subordinate leaders and/or supervisors, in accomplishing the operations of a distinct organizational unit and to perform associated nonsupervisory work.Learn more about this agency
As a(n) AIRCRAFT MECHANIC SUPERVISOR (TITLE 32), WS-8852-10, you will perform but are not limited to:
(1) Planning: Plans weekly or monthly work schedules and sequence of operations. Establishes deadlines and priorities based on established general schedules, methods and policies. Determines skills, materials and equipment required to do the work. Participates in the initial planning of current and future work schedules and development of budget requests. Provides workload data, estimates, information on staffing needs, and recommendations as the scheduling of projected work.
(2) Work Direction: Assigns tasks to be performed. Explains work requirements, methods, and procedures. Instructs subordinates on new procedures or methods and provides assistance on difficult or new problem areas. Reviews work in progress or on completion. Makes adjustments as necessary to effectively and economically accomplish the work. Notes and investigates work related problems and independently.
(3) Administration: Recommends and participates in the selection of personnel to fill vacancies. Schedules and approves leave of subordinates. Sets performance requirements and makes formal and informal performance appraisals. Determines training needs of subordinates and arranges for its accomplishment. Counsels employees on problems. Adjusts informal complaints through discussions with employees and union representatives. Takes informal corrective action on conduct or performance problems.
(4) Performs the nonsupervisory work of the function as needed.
(5) Implements regulatory safety requirements and ensures that subordinates wear appropriate safety equipment and follow pertinent safety precautions
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/516600100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.