This announcement is being advertised concurrently under R2-19-10338346-CL-MP for current and former federal employees serving under a competitive service career or career-conditional appointment or reinstatement eligible. You must apply to each announcement separately if you wish to be considered under both recruitment methods.Learn more about this agency
As a Maintenance Mechanic for the Southwestern Native Aquatic Resources and Recovery Center, you will provide a wide variety of maintenance and engineering support.
- Operate heavy motorized equipment (eg., front-end loader, forklift, dump truck, fish distribution trucks, farm tractor and implements, backhoe)
- Perform minor construction and repair on existing structures involving standard measurements, specifications, instructions, and basic shop mathematics
- Interpret and apply building plans, codes, specifications, blueprints, engineering drawings, and work instructions in order to perform hvac (heating, ventilation & air conditioning), plumbing, electrical, and carpentry work
- Work with and troubleshoot repairs of standard residential or commercial plumbing fixtures
- Construct, install or repair items such as framing, scaffolds, panels, bins, pallets, concrete forms, dry walls, sheathing and roof decking
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/516570300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.