Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as an Optometrist for the VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System (TVHS), Surgical Service. The position will be located at the Nashville Campus, and is directly supervised by the Chief, Ophthlamology.
- Attends staff meetings and participates on committees as assigned.
- Staffs the Optometry clinics.
- Provides continuing education to nursing staff
- Responsible for timely medical records, including computer order entry, signing and cosigning of notes.
- Establishes /supports the Eye Performance Improvement program.
- Supports Section Chief, Chief Surgical Service, and TVHS in obtaining Performance Measures.
- Exercises independent professional judgment in diagnosing the full range of optometric conditions as well as planning and executing the necessary treatment programs to meet complex and frequent changes in the treatment objective.
- Examines, diagnoses, and performs specific optometric treatments for conditions of the vision system.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel between campuses.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/516518800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.