The position is located in the Grants Division of the Press and Public Diplomacy Office within the South and Central Asian Affairs Bureau (SCA/PPD). The Division performs strategic planning, budget formulation, budget execution, and monitoring and evaluation work for the Missions in South and Central Asia. Overall, the Office manages three domestic-based Operating Units, which include the South and Central Asian Affairs Grants Division, Press Team, and Program Unit.Learn more about this agency
- Plans, organizes, and carries out annual and multi-year strategic planning and budgeting in support of South and Central Asian Affairs Press and Public Diplomacy’s $102 million public diplomacy and annual foreign assistance programs.
- Coordinates and participates in briefings for Members of Congress and their staffs on specific budgetary issues, as well as budgetary implications of the SCA/PPD, R Bureau, and relevant ECA programs.
- Drafts responses and provides information, explanations, and clarifications in response to Department, OMB, and Congressional questions and inquiries.
- Prepares issue papers, talking points, and language for testimony related to Bureau appropriations hearings involving the Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan (SRAP), and the Assistant Secretary.
- As a financial expert in budget formulation and analysis, the incumbent provides analysis, expert advice, and technical assistance on financial matters to program officials, managers and resource administrators.
Occasional travel - 10% or more domestic and international travel MAY be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/516467700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.