OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
This announcement establishes a standing register of eligible applicants to be considered for permanent full-time appointments. Then first line of eligible applicants will be pulled for referral on 11:59 PM (EST) November 16, 2018 and then again every Friday at 11:59 PM (EST) until the closing date of . All applicants may receive consideration for one year from the date of application.
The Optometrist works as a member of a multi-disciplinary heal care team collaborating with other members of the team to provide medical care to Veterans. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides comprehensive assessment, diagnostic work-up and clinic intervention, including comprehensive patient assessment, health history, physical examination and patient education to Veterans;
- Integrating eye care service with other professionals
- Ordering and evaluating diagnostic tests as appropriate, recommending treatment and/or referral;
- Works closely with both Optometry and Ophthalmology to provide eye care to Veterans;
- Interpreting diseases and conditions of the eye and adnexa and ocular manifestations of systemic disease;
- Conducting routine eye exams, prescribing glasses and also managing various ocular conditions prevalent in a hospital based eye clinic including diabetes, macular degeneration and glaucoma;
- Ordering, verifying, dispensing and adjustment of optical aids for visually impaired patients
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/516460600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.