This position will provide eye care services at the Department of Veterans Affairs. The incumbent will provide direct care to patients and independently diagnose all optometry and ocular problems through external and internal physical evaluation of the eye and surrounding tissues.Learn more about this agency
- Manages ocular diseases and ocular manifestations of systemic diseases
- Prescribes topical and systemic medications in the treatment of ophthalmic conditions
- Co-management of patients with ophthalmology, primary care physicians and other specialty clinicians
- Provides vision and eye care education and counseling to patients
- Responsible for recording all patient care examinations, assessments, procedures, and care plans in health records.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/516355600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.