You will serve as an Electrical Engineer in the Office of the Assistant Vice President for Administration, Facilities Department of the UNIF SRVS UNI OF THE HLTH SCI.Learn more about this agency
- You will perform as defined by directives and policies for electrical engineering related construction projects.
- You will provide design, project management, technical staff assistance, guidance and surveillance on all engineering projects at Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS).
- You will apply professaional knowledge of electrical design principles and techniques in designing and preparation of design analysis, plans and specifications abd computer aided drawings (CAD).
- You will review contractor's proposals for design changes during progress of construction and develops alternate designs or may redesign electrical features to meet changed requirements.
- You will utilize project management practices and tools as required to accomplish objectives.
- You will verify project requests are justified and satisfy requirements, and reviews preliminary costs estimates and funding requirements.
- You will evaluate project data to ensure that completed construction will provide a properly operating facility with a minimum of operational and maintenance cost, and verifies incorporation of proven design criteria to meet required conditions.
- You will perform technical review and analysis of design drawings, specifications, and final cost estimates for overall adequacy, appropriateness, good practice and reasonableness of cost.
- You will conduct special visits to all facilities to resolve specific electrical engineering problems, evaluate operational effectiveness, or perform special staff studies.
- You will develop technical recommendations for incorporation into reports to ensure that electrical systems are being properly operated and maintained.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/516326000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.