The Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) is the principal staff element of the Secretary of Defense in the exercise of policy development, planning, resource management, and program evaluation responsibilities. OSD includes the Offices of the Secretary and Deputy Secretary of Defense, Under Secretaries of Defense, Deputy Chief Management Officer, Assistant Secretaries of Defense, General Counsel, and the Director of Administration.Learn more about this agency
- This position is located in the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Readiness) (OASD (R)) in the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (Personnel and Readiness) (OUSD (P&R)). The Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense Readiness Programming and Assessment (DASD(RP&A)) serves as the principal resource advisor and assistant to the ASD(R) on all matters pertaining to the analysis of resources allocated to and executed by the Services and the impact of that execution on Total Force Readiness.
- Reviews the reasonableness of the costs in the Program Objective Memoranda and Budget Estimate Submissions for all readiness investments. Directly interfaces with senior staff within the Office of the DoD Comptroller to help assure the validity of DoD program and budget cost figures, price budget alternatives, and reconciles differences between the OSD and Service estimates.
- Assesses the funding required within and beyond the Future Years Defense Program (FYDP) to maintain elements of the force Readiness structure at a range of levels that are influenced by changes in the national security environment.
- Performs studies using operations research methods with detailed data to identify readiness requirements and verify Service estimates.
- Leads staff participation in the development of the sections of the Defense Planning guidance that pertain to Defense Readiness programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/516280900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.