The Small Business/Self-Employed (SB/SE) Division provides examinations and taxpayer education services for about 7 million small businesses and upwards of 33 million self-employed and supplemental income taxpayers.
See "Additional Information" for Specific Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A REVENUE OFFICER DO? As a Revenue Officer you will serve as a civil enforcement officer, and perform collection related activities within the established laws, rules and regulations. The role of the Revenue Officer varies depending on the organization for which you are hired. For Field Collections, cases are primarily worked in the field. As a Revenue Officer you will be responsible for collecting delinquent accounts, secure delinquent tax returns, and/or performing a technical review of the collection activities to determine compliance. On the other hand, the Technical Reviewer is responsible for evaluating closed cases to determine if the conclusions reached are consistent with the tax laws, procedures and policy requirements. Regardless of the position you choose, each day is filled with new challenges, and offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth.
As an Administrative Reviewer/Technical Services Reviewer you will:
- Organize and coordinate the efforts of Service employees and other parties to protect the Government's interest and to expedite the payment of taxes and the securing of delinquent returns.
- Explain IRS policy and procedures, providing instructions and analyzing complex or unusual issues presented by taxpayers, practitioners and Service employees.
- Provide and maintain liaison with Federal, state, and local court officials, appear in court and present or document evidence in support of the Government's position.
- Review and analyze offers-in-compromise and installment agreements which have been proposed for rejection, and make recommendations to sustain or overturn such proposed rejections.
- Prepare written reports, correspondence, referrals and forms that are clear, concise, and accurately reflect the factual information.
POSITION DESCRIPTION 95897 - A PM/C SharePoint site is available for IRS Employees at: https://organization.ds.irsnet.gov/sites/HCOETS/PMC/SPDLibrary/SitePages/Home.aspx
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at http://www.jobs.irs.gov/
Occasional travel - Travel locally and/or overnight 1-5 nights per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/516236300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.