This position is part of the Defense Headquarters Resources Activity (DHRA). DHRA is a multifaceted organization with a diverse mission set. DHRA provides centralized and comprehensive personnel data management and analysis for the entire Department of Defense (DoD), manages DoD enterprise-wide mission programs ranging from travel management, language and culture, to civilian human resource advisory services; and ensures our Service members and their families receive care and support.Learn more about this agency
As a STUDENT TRAINEE (OFFICE AUTOMATION CLERK) at the GS-0399-4 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Provide direct support to the Operations Management staff in all functional areas of information technology (IT) management, i.e. trouble-shooting desktop equipment, assisting with Help Desk tickets.
- Assist IT Technicians in inquiries on network outages, status of work-tickets and administrative actions.
- Inspect and oversee IT supplies and conduct periodic inventories
- Track and report on overall status of Help Desk tickets
- Provide services in association with the installation, movement, maintenance, and accountability of hardware items.
- Provide guidance and assistance to customers. Assist customers in the effective usage of software packages and equipment.
- Performs technical support specialist duties. Act as a focal point for organizational computer related activities, provides guidance on technical aspects of computers and system use to organization users.
- Uses multiple office automation software with varied functions to produce a wide range of documents, formats, etc.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/516178800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.