This position is located in the Office of Transit Safety & Oversight (TSO), Office of System Safety. The Office is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining national policy, strategy, plans, rules, regulations or guidance affecting Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Safety, as well as development and implementation of programs, projects, initiatives, and associated tools.Learn more about this agency
The Program Analyst - Safety Management Systems (SMS):
- Supports the Division Chief by assisting in the development of national transit safety management systems; develops associated written products including guidance materials; works collaboratively to identify, review and conduct capabilities assessment, draft reports and present information associated with transit safety management and oversight; and develops new approaches to unique situations that may arise.
- Works with other TSO offices, the Safety Policy Team and other DOT and FTA offices to develop and implement transit industry safety management systems programs and projects, analytical studies technical assistance product and other guidance for internal FTA offices and externally for the industry.
- Has a working knowledge of safety management systems, including its component safety management policy, safety promotion, safety risk management and safety assurance.
- Assists in identifying transit safety issues requiring risk management analysis and research efforts.
- Evaluates transit safety issues, identifies requirements to assist the industry in adopting and successfully implementing safety management system.
- Works with other TSO project managers to integrate transit safety management and oversight into TSO projects.
- Provides advice in the management and oversight of all aspects of FTA-funded programs and projects include the following areas: technical capacity, standards, maintenance and operations, safety and security, cost and schedule estimates and risk management.
- Participates in data analysis and safety risk management implementation, as required to provide guidance to FTA leadership on safety risk analysis results and safety risk reporting.
The ideal candidate should have basic experience conducting transit safety hazard analyses who have assisted in setting performance measures for transit safety.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/516082700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.