This position is located in the Office of the Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary (ADAS) for Information Technology (IT) Finance, Office of IT Resource Management (ITRM), Office of Information and Technology (OI&T). You will serve as as an Accountant within the IT Financial Management Service and is responsible for developing and overseeing enterprise-wide IT financial policy and implementation.Learn more about this agency
The first 50 candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates in increments of 50 will be referred based on hiring needs.
Work schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval
Virtual: Not available
Position Description Title/PD#: Accountant/35150-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Required
Physical Requirements: Occasionally must travel in the United States to make presentation, attend meetings and determine facts; however, for the most part the work is sedentary.
- Develop and oversee the promulgation, implementation, and execution of financial policy.
- Develop plans, policies and procedures on OI&T accounting and financial reporting matters related to national or other emergency conditions.
- Evaluates the adequacy of current data in providing financial information and recommends ways to use established financial management systems to satisfy new information requirements.
- Develop and oversee the preparation of OI&T financial reports and schedules for submission to OMB, VA Office of Finance, VA Office of Budget, and the Department of Treasury.
- Provides training and guidance on complex and unusual issues and problems related to OI&T fiscal operations not otherwise covered by existing policies and procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/516075600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.