This position is located in the Office of Information and Technology, Enterprise Program Management Office, EPMO Information Assurance. The primary purpose of the position is to collect, analyze, report, and provide support for information security compliance and oversight activities for VistA systems.Learn more about this agency
The first 50 candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates in increments of 50 will be referred based on hiring needs.
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri 8am - 4:30pm
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (INFOSEC) / 17362-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Retention Incentive: Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and to attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site. Some employees may carry light items such as papers, book, or small parts. The work does not requires and special physical effort.
- Support authoring new policy and procedural activities for information security operational staff.
- Manage EPMO VistA security compliance requirements with VA information security operational staff and technical communities via meetings, conferences or forums.
- Perform design of short and long-range VA Information Technology (IT) activities.
- Align internal procedural activities in compliance with federal and department security requirements.
- Develop and maintain a repository of information security systems records and risk analysis documentation.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/516052000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.