Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
This Supervisory Transportation Security Specialist (Law Enforcement) position is located in the Physical Security Section, Security Branch, Security Services and Assessments Division, Law Enforcement / Federal Air Marshals, Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the physical protection of facilities, personnel, classified information, and/or other sensitive materials, resources, or processes. Conducts, monitors and coordinates criminal and administrative inquiries and/or investigations of alleged fraud, theft, and destruction of property, misconduct and other violations of law at TSA Facilities. Coordinates, assists and provides dignitary protection to dignitaries visiting TSA (NCR) facilities.
- Performs the full range of investigative functions on assigned cases, from planning through fact-finding to reporting the results of investigations.
- Serves as the initial response to Active Shooter and Work Place Violence incidents. Responds to real or potential security violations with the intent to seize and arrest suspects as part of protecting and security TSA facilities.
- Provides oversight of the TSA National Capital Region (NCR) Facilities, ID and Access Media, or Support Services Units responsible for security operations at TSA facilities, the issuance and control of all TSA credentials, badges and IDs; supervises computer operations for the Visitor Management and Access Control Offices, and provides oversight for the contracted Security Officers at all TSA locations throughout the National Capital Region (NCR).
- Supervisory/managerial responsibilities to include assigning tasks and responsibilities, evaluating work and performance, coaching and developing employees, approving leave, and taking or approving corrective disciplinary actions.
This position is also being announced through Government Wide procedures under Announcement #FAM-SSA-18-503709-GA. Candidates who wish to be considered under both Public (US Citizens) and Government-Wide procedures must apply to both announcements.
Occasional travel - Mandatory travel for training and occasional other travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/516047700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.