This position is located in the Legal Division, Litigation and Resolutions Branch, Professional Liability and Financial Crimes Section of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Arlington, VA and supports managers, attorneys, and support staff to ensure efficient and effective operations for the unit.
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.Learn more about this agency
- Provides assistance in developing long-range plans and objectives for tracking and reporting on investigations, cases, workload, recoveries and costs, which are critical to maintain for accurate management reporting, planning for staffing adjustments, streamlining functions to create and maintain efficiencies, complete major projects and identify new initiatives.
- Assists in the development, planning, and execution of comprehensive analyses of programs. Collects, analyzes, and evaluates complex qualitative and quantitative data and presents evaluations and recommendation to staff for consideration. Program areas include the need to ensure uniformity of treatment of significant policy issues and of tracking and reporting on program statistics.
- Utilizes automated analysis techniques and performs routine and ad hoc analyses of data, including financial and statistical reports, producing graphical and quantitative summaries of the results and supporting documentation.
- Creates, develops, designs, implements and coordinates new reports as the need arises using complex and sophisticated query systems. Develops and analyzes new queries of existing information systems in order to prepare responses to Freedom of Information Act, Congressional, Government Accountability Office, Office of the Inspector General and other inquiries and audits.
- Gathers, compiles, organizes, and evaluates information from specialized databases and network drives (e.g., Access, SharePoint, shared drives, and Advanced Legal Information System). Exercises independent judgment to evaluate completeness and accuracy of the data, and identifies data gaps and potential errors for staff. Recommends and implements processes for correcting erroneous data or improving overall data quality. Maintains continuing oversight of the validity and integrity of the data.
- Provides training to staff in the use of the Access database, ALIS, and related systems, including providing direction and guidance to field office personnel in the operation of these systems.
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/516036900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.