VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System (VASNHS) is currently seeking Psychologists who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country.Learn more about this agency
Incentives: Most Psychologist positions qualify for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP). EDRP can assist with paying off qualifying student loans. Contact Stephanie Wheeler at Stephanie.Wheeler4@va.gov or at 702-791-9000 ext. 14832 for additional information.
This announcement is an open continuous announcement to fill Psychologist vacancies as they are identified.
PLEASE NOTE: Qualified clinical trainees, residents, fellows, interns, etc. are encouraged to apply; please follow the instructions in the How to Apply section.
As a Licensed Provider for VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System (VASNHS), you will practice independently in the provision of psychological services, engage in professional and scientific work which relates to behavior, capacities, personality, interests, emotions and mental disorders, consulting with peers and supervisors as appropriate. In addition to providing direct patient care, the psychologists will have limited administrative duties, and clinical trainee supervision.
Some of the major duties of these positions are:
- Diagnose mental health disorders, conduct psychological and/or neuropsychological assessments, treat mental health disorders through a variety of modalities, and provide adjunctive interventions for treatment of medical disorders.
- Provide individual, family, and group psychotherapies and other interventions such as behavioral health and community interventions.
- Consult with medical center staff on a wide variety of patient care issues.
- Staff psychologists may be involved in program evaluation, teaching, training, and research activities.
Psychologists are staffed in various programs throughout the hospital, including but not limited to:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorders Clinical Team (PTSD)
- Substance Abuse (ADTP)
- Primary Care Mental Health Integration (PCMHI)
- Behavioral Health Psychology (BHIP)
- Inpatient Psychology
- Tele-Mental Health
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/516035400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.