As a Security Assistant (Recent Graduate) at the GS-0086-5 with a full performance level of a GS-07, you will be part of the NBIB Quality Control, Office of Personnel Management.Learn more about this agency
Successful applicants are placed in a dynamic 1 year developmental program with the potential to lead to a civil service career in the Federal Government. At the successful conclusion of this program, you may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to a Federal career or career-conditional position.
- Reviews and evaluates lower level investigations to ensure they meet pertinent National Background Investigations Bureau Standards, OPM case requirements and quality standards.
- Researches, collects and compiles minor information to assist other NBIB staff and investigative contractors address and improve processing for other priority workloads and investigative elements.
- Provides administrative assistance to staff in delivering timely feedback to other NBIB elements regarding the quality of Federal and Contractor investigative work.
- Assembles information in order to assist investigative personnel with providing feedback to customer agencies, Federal, and Contractor staff.
- Conducts research to identify inconsistencies and/or discrepancies during case processing and collects information for program evaluation and contractor performance.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/515983100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.