The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is within the commuting area of Ft Eustis, VA. NOTE: Local commuting area is a radius of 50 miles of Ft Eustis, VA. In addition, you are eligible if you live outside of this radius and are able to commute to work on a daily/as needed basis, or you are able to relocate yourself on your own expenses (must be able to be present for work within 2 weeks of selection).Learn more about this agency
This position is located at the Fort Eustis Veterinary Treatment Facility.
- Diagnoses animal health problems; vaccinates against diseases such as distemper and rabies; medicates animals suffering from infections or illnesses; treats and dresses wounds, seat fractures; performs surgery; and advise owners about animal feeding
- Maintains records in accordance with local and command policy.
- Provides direction and oversight to Animal Health Assistants with regards to veterinary nursing skills, veterinary medical standards, and animal care.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Performs professional veterinary work that involves the investigation, examination, treatment, and control of animals.
- Issues health certificates.
- Performs and interprets laboratory findings. Maintains health records and prepares reports as necessary
- Note to applicants: Please include name and contact information for at least two (2) professional references in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/515947000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.