About the Position: As a faculty member, you will design, develop, conduct, and evaluate graduate level classes in the military art and science for SAMS students at CGSC. This is an Excepted service TERM position not to exceed two years and MAY be eligible for reappointment.
This position can be filled at one of the following academic ranks:
- Assistant Professor
- Associate Professor
- Determines needed subject coverage, and conducts extensive research to develop otherwise scarce or fragmented source information for use in graduate-level instruction.
- Initiates learning objectives and prepares lesson, course, and module readings and syllabi.
- Provides individual guidance and direction for students enrolled in SAMS programs and establishes and evaluates learning module requirements.
- Authors and presents graduate level core courses in support of the Advanced Strategic Leadership Studies Program (ASLSP) curriculum.
- Directs graduate level research studies and evaluates student performance in an academic environment.
- Assists in planning, developing, and preparing curricula, instructional materials, lesson plans, and exercises for lessons on joint doctrine and joint planning.
- Plans, develops, and prepares instructional materials and teaches in the Advanced Military Studies Program (AMSP) to accomplish learning objectives, lesson plans and syllabus requirements.
- Presents research in narrative, analytical or other appropriate formats including professional publications, lectures, seminars, books, professional sponsored official journals, informal talks, and audio-visual programs.
- Advises on the acquisition of published materials for the Combined Arms Research Library and other materials for use at SAMS and CGSC.
- NOTE: The duties listed above are not all-inclusive.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/515939500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.