If you have experience in Information Technology with particular emphasis on system administration, storage management administration, infrastructure management, technology research and planning AND you want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the Information Resource and Technology Management Branch (IRTMB), National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH).Learn more about this agency
- Serve as a technical specialist and advisor in evaluating, planning, developing, implementing, and supporting hosting infrastructure technologies, especially in the hosting of enterprise-class systems and storage area networks (SANs).
- Propose, design, implement, and test modifications to security configurations designed to significantly enhance the secure functionality of applications hosting services.
- Design, implement, test, and install modifications to application traffic management appliance configurations to significantly enhance hosting services performance, functionality, security, and scalability.
- Play key role in diagnosing causes of complex, critical problems and devising innovative solutions for their resolution.
- Performs needs analyses to define opportunities for new or improved business process solutions.
- Lead or participate in the investigation of new and improved server, storage, software, advanced file system and other hosting technologies and/or services and recommended adoption of developments that will enhance effectiveness.
- Support hosted applications security in a production environment, reviewing and evaluating hosted applications' security requirements, developing secure architecture and infrastructure configurations, and implement security controls.
- Lead efforts to diagnose significant software faults and troubleshoot problems involving complex technical issues related to the design, development, and administration of critical applications and design.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/515885400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.