Gastroenterology physician will provide consultation services and follow up of Gastroenterology and Hepatology patients in the inpatient and outpatient setting, at the VA Central Iowa Healthcare System Medical Center, Des Moines, Iowa.Learn more about this agency
---------------- RECRUITMENT OR RELOCATION INCENTIVES MAY BE AUTHORIZED ----------------
Common duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Physician will provide consultation services and follow up of Gastroenterology / Hepatology medical subspecialty patients, in the inpatient and outpatient setting, at the VA Medical Center and Outpatient Clinic of Des Moines. Central Iowa Healthcare System has five referral Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC) located in Fort Dodge, Marshalltown, Mason City, and Knoxville.
- Physician should have expertise in Gastroenterology and be able to treat and manage patients who have illnesses related to Gastroenterology and Hepatology. Physician should also be proficient and privileged in procedures related to Gastroenterology.
- Physician may have responsibilities for teaching house staff, medical residents and students.
- During employment, participation in special projects pertinent to assigned sub-specialty may be necessary as the projects become available with strategic or other initiatives. Examples of such projects may be palliative care program, multidisciplinary cancer care program, and chronic disease management program.
- When working with inpatients provider is expected to participate in discharge planning and other interdisciplinary patient care plan activities. During this time, information regarding patient status should be discussed with the full time in house hospitalist and other team members and ensure proper hand off at the end of the shift as necessary.
- Physicians may be assigned duty as a supervising or collaborating physician for a mid-level provider. Physicians are expected to provide clinical oversight and review of advanced practice clinicians.
- A progress note must be entered on all patients seen in clinic. Timely documentation is necessary in all areas in accordance with departmental policy. All administrative work should be completed in a timely fashion.
- All physicians will work within their privileges at all times, unless necessitated by an emergency.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/515849200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.