About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This vacancy announcement is a standing register that will be used to fill vacancies within the United States Army Corp of Engineers (USACE) Logistics Activity with approximately 44 locations.
When a vacancy is identified and every 2 months, you will be sent an interest and availability letter to confirm your continued interest in the locations you selected. If you do not respond to these email inquiries, you will be coded as "no response" and you will need to reapply.
- You will serves as the district level fleet manager for the Corps of Engineers Logistics Activity. This position is supervised by the Logistics Delivery Point Supervisor.
- Day to day work is performed under the general guidance of the supervisor who makes assignments by defining objectives, priorities, and deadlines; and assists the employee with unusual situations which do not have clear precedents.
- You will be assigned the continuing responsibility for assignments involving the planning and accomplishment of district fleet management.
- Assignments pertaining to fleet management are received via directives, memorandums, regulation changes, conference requirements and requests and are related to Corps-owned or GSA-leased vehicles, or related to their management and administration.
- Assignments and priorities are established by regulations, directives, and self-initiative for establishing priorities. Immediate/special actions are set by the supervisor.
- Provides fleet management, transportation support services, fuel management, and possibly passport services, and other matrix logistics support to customers under the direction of the District Logistics Manager.
- Operates at a logistics delivery point as part of a logistics management office charged with the furnishing of common logistics services to a USACE district / laboratory / center.
- Serve as a field delivery point Fleet Manager as part of a district/laboratory delivery point team.
- Manages, plans, directs the operation, maintenance, repair and replacement of a fleet of motor vehicles / trailers, ranging from sedans to heavy trucks of which some are classed as special-purpose vehicles (boat trailers to 60-ton semi-trailers).
- Technical and administrative responsibility to manage all district / laboratory Corps-owned and GSA-leased administrative use and special-purpose motor vehicles and trailers.
- Responsibility for the U.S. Government Tag registration program.
Occasional travel - Business travel (TDY) may be 10-20%.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/515792700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.