This position is part of the Organization of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Joint Chiefs of Staff. The incumbent will serve as the Chief of Protocol to the CJCS and VCJCS. The incumbent oversees all protocol related functions for the CJCS, VCJCS, ACJCS and Director and Vice Director of the Joint Staff.Learn more about this agency
As a DIR JT CHIEF OF STAFF PROTOCOL at the GS-0301-15 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serve as the Chief of Protocol with sole authority and responsibility for the management of all protocol and conference-related functions of the CJCS and VCJCS.
- Responsible for all social and representation roles of the CJCS and VCJCS.
- Provide authoritative advice and assistance to CJCS, VCJCS and senior Joint Staff leadership.
- Direct the activities of the Protocol Office and the Chairman's Dining Room composed of 5 civilians and 16 military personnel. Exercises supervisory responsibility and authority for position management, selection and assignment of subordinates
- Manage the planning, coordination, and execution of all protocol aspects of visits of high ranking U.S. and foreign dignitaries, to include Full Honor Arrival Ceremonies, luncheons, roundtable discussions, dinners, etc.
- Coordinate with Military District of Washington(MDW) Ceremonies and Special Events and other DOD and federal agencies as required ensuring proper support and execution.Personally assists in the event as required.
- Supervise the planning and execution of office calls, breakfasts, luncheons, dinners, receptions and other events hosted by the CJCS and VCJCS in their respective quarters or other locations within the Washington, D.C. or National Capital Region.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/515739700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.