Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 60 days of the closing date.Learn more about this agency
This position is also being announced concurrently under Merit Promotion procedures vacancy number: ST-10341282-19-LY. Applicants who wish to be considered under MP must apply to both vacancies separately.
About this agency
At the full performance level, duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement human capital strategies and programs that maintain the dynamic and collaborative culture of EXIM, are driven by agency mission, and are strategically aligned.
- Advise and assist senior leadership in selecting, developing and managing a high-quality workforce in accordance with merit system principles.
- Assure compliance with applicable civil service laws, rules and regulations.
- Help drive the improvement of EXIM through organizational design and development, talent management, change management, workforce and succession planning, and fostering a culture of performance and accountability.
- Develop and implement strategic plans to improve the quality and timeliness of HR services, evaluate and adjust operations as necessary to ensure HR organizational activities are consistent with the agency's strategic plan and merit principles, and lead the formulation and application of rigorous metrics and key performance indicators to assess the quality, utility, and timeliness of human capital services.
- Assess current and future workforce mix and develop workforce and succession planning strategies based on assessments. Recommend to senior leadership, workforce strategies to meet future needs and lead staff development of multi-year planning and resource management programs.
- Structure an efficient, effective human capital organization and determine the optimal distribution of human capital staff resources needed to meet organizational objectives.
- Direct the development of budgets and staffing plans that accurately account for current and future requirements of the agency. Supervise professional and technical personnel and support staff. Supervisory responsibilities include full authority for managing the Division of Human Capital: plan and execute the training and development of staff; provide direct oversight of new personnel and staff; evaluate work performance; select, promote, reward and discipline staff; and meet equal employment opportunity and affirmative employment goals and objectives.
- Serve as Employee Engagement Officer. As needed, represent the EVP & COO on interagency committees, task forces and groups that impact personnel management program. Serve as liaison with the Office of Personnel Management, Office of Management and Budget, White House and Congress, etc., on issues of interest or situations requiring input from the Division of Human Capital.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/515696300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.