The Intensive Care Unit specializes in providing care to critically ill Veterans or those requiring intensive cardiac monitoring; post-operative major surgical patients requiring critical care services. The age of patients range from adults (18-64) and adults (65+). Common diagnosis include acute myocardial infarction, lethal dysrhythmias, respiratory distress and/or failure, acute gastrointestinal bleeding, sepsis, diabetic ketoacidosis, acute renal failure and multi-system failure.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- The RN is accountable as a primary nurse for a defined group of patients and directs the completion of the initial and ongoing assessments.
- Collaborates with physicians and ancillary services in planning and implementing the patient's plan of care.
- Provides teaching as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competencies in critical care nursing and is able to follow ICU protocols.
- Monitors activities occurring within the unit when acting in the charge nurse capacity.
- Analyzes and upgrades patient care through quality improvement activities.
- Strives to maintain clinical competencies, continuous study, in-services, attendance at and participation in seminars and workshops.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/515658500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.