This position is part of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Defense Threat Reduction Agency. The incumbent will be responsible for assuming a technical subject matter expert role for all activities related to IT network, policy and planning in support of the Joint Improvised-Threat Defeat Organization (JIDO) and the agency.Learn more about this agency
As a LEAD IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK/PLCYPLN) at the GS-2210-15 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serves as the Lead; responsible for ensuring that the organizations strategic plan, mission, vision and values are communicated to the team and Integrated into the teams strategies, goals, objectives, work plans and work products and services.
- As a senior expert in IT network, policy and planning: directs, reviews and participates in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of automated information systems and technical architectures in compliance with DoD, DA and headquarters directives.
- Directs, plans and provides technical guidance to integrate Information Mission Areas in order to improve Command Information Systems program and electronic environment.
- Plans overall work operations, sets priorities, makes recommendations on objectives, and provides metrics in the evaluation of system/workforce performance.
- Leads high-level feasibility studies, which affect the JIDO Information Enterprise as a whole, the results of which could require the design and development of a new system, or a major modification to existing systems.
- Explain and defends technical recommendations before JIDO Senior Executive leadership, DoD components/agencies, Configuration Control Boards and the Architecture Review Boards. Maintains liaison with representatives of other JIDO staff elements, DoD, and other supported agencies concerning the identification of computer equipment, communications and security requirements, and in the design and implementation of computer systems.
- Represents JIDO at IT related conferences and seminars with representatives of private industry and other government agencies in order to keep abreast of technical advances in the Information technology field.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/515608000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.