The VA Finger Lakes Health Care System is seeking Psychiatrists who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who serve our Country. Positions are available at the Rochester, Canandaigua, and Bath facilities. Areas which the psychiatrist is assigned and has clinical privileges to practice may include depression, anxiety, psychosis, PTSD, substance abuse, and other psychiatric disorders.Learn more about this agency
America's Veterans need you!
- Performs comprehensive psychiatric evaluations for a diverse population, including geriatric and post deployment combat Veterans.
- Provides a full range of contemporary, evidence-based therapeutic interventions including diagnostic assessment, mental status examination, psychotherapy, medication evaluation and management, suicide risk assessment, crisis intervention, and overall care of patients with psychiatric disorders.
- Provide care in various clinical settings, including telehealth, outpatient, residential, consultation-liaison, etc.
- Serves as a subject matter expert, and possibly a mental health team leader, with responsibilities of providing clinical education, coordinating consults and triaging specialty clinic referrals.
- Participates effectively in multidisciplinary treatment planning conferences and team meetings, and collaborates with staff to facilitate the coordinated delivery of comprehensive patient care.
- Orders diagnostic tests and consultations, and incorporates the findings in the medical decision making process relevant to the patient's individual needs
- Participates in supervision and teaching in support of the VA mission, and performs on-call and other duties as assigned.
- Ensures all clinical care is delivered in accordance with local policies and procedures in context of TJC, CARF, HIPAA, APA and VA standards.
- Completes all required medical documentation in a timely manner.
- Maintains continuing education requirements.
Education Debt Reduction Program: You may be eligible to apply for an award up to $120,000 under the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP). Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the EDRP Coordinator for additional information.
Work Schedule: Full-time or Part-time available. Schedule to be discussed at interview. Limited call coverage and/or Saturday clinic hours may be required.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/515560000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.